This position will appeal to a highly competitive, results oriented individual who aspires to advance their career in construction by accepting a key role in the development of our company’s project management/estimating team.
Hipperson Construction requires a Senior Estimator to join our construction team and contribute to the continued growth of the company. Reporting to the President, this position involves estimating commercial, industrial and civil construction ranging in size from $500,000 to multi-million dollar values. Types of projects include pre-engineered steel building design builds, commercial renovations, and new building construction. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of tenders from initiation through to tender closing.
- Develops winning strategy for complex bid submissions
- Takes the lead in the development of a competitive estimate submission
- Diligently reviews tender requirements and accurately prepares final tender submission
- Organizes bid closing assignments to meet submission deadlines on closing day
- Solicits pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials, in order to ascertain the most competitive price while meeting the company’s safety and quality standards
- Provides information and guidance to project management staff during contract turnover
- Available for consultation on sub-trade agreements and change orders as required by project management staff
- Civil, Structural, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 7-10 years of construction experience with a focus in estimating civil, commercial, and industrial sectors of the industry
- General construction knowledge that includes understanding of specifications, schedules, methods and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Understands current market conditions and competitive advantages that can be leveraged
- Ability to identify risk associated with construction projects
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Experience in estimating for lump sum, design build and construction management tenders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, estimating software, and scheduling software
Hipperson Construction offers an opportunity for career growth, training and development opportunities, a competitive compensation plan, a deferred profit sharing plan and excellent health benefits through Merit Contractors Association.
Please email your resume to email@example.com, visit our office at 200 – 2161 Scarth Street in downtown Regina or fax to (306)359-0383.